has been returning to St Andrews every 5 years since 1995, but the R&A have moved the next time it’s there to 2021 to coincide with The Open’s 150th anniversary. This is going to be a big historic occasion…
so its going to be the one to go to.
Scotland Tours clients have been enjoying attending The Open since we started in business back in 1997 and St Andrews always draws bigger crowds than the other venues.
What Would Be Your Preferred Package?
- We arrange many trips for small groups of 4 or more right up to larger groups of 40+ where they wish to attend the event on just one or two days and tour round Scotland playing other courses
- Some clients wish to attend the event for all 4 championship days – buy a season ticket for best value.
- Others prefer to stay away and enjoy other areas of Scotland, and just attend the event on one day only.
- Group tours. For groups of 8 or more we would plan the whole trip, play some great courses, and attend The Open for 1,2 or 3 days and create the total package that suits you and your group.
Play The Open Championship Venues
We have been working with all the Open Championship venues for many years and regularly have clients playing at these great courses.
Contact us now to discuss your tour that includes playing some of these great courses.
Remember – plan ahead – so start talking to your golf partners now about your 2020 or 2021 trip.
Book your trip with us as soon as you have decided to travel. People will be booking their trips early to obtain the ideal accommodations and other golf tee-times etc.
Don’t wait until July 2020 when tickets are available as most of the good hotels and golf courses will be sold out by then.
Contact us today for your free no-obligation quote.
Open 2020 – Royal St Georges
Tickets are now on sale at The One Club. Book your tickets now and when successful, contact us and we will arrange your tour.
Royal St Georges is in the south east corner of England, 80 miles east of London. There is a good selection of other links courses in that area but this is the only Open Championship Venue is that part of the country.
Contact us for a quote today.
Future Dates & Venues
|16-19 July 2020||Royal St Georges – near London|
|15-18 July 2021||St Andrews|
|14-17 July 2022||Royal Liverpool|
The championship rotates around St Andrews and 10 other courses in Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. After an absence of 68 years the event returns to Royal Portrush in 2019. Many of our clients play all these courses and more each year so ask us to include it in your next tour.
The Old Course, St Andrews; Carnoustie, Ailsa Course, Turnberry; Royal Troon, Muirfield
Royal St Georges, Kent; Royal Birkdale, Royal Lytham & St Annes, Royal Liverpool
The Weekly Diary
Monday 1st practise day
Tuesday 2nd practise day
Wednesday final practise day. Tournament of Past Champions usually takes place on Wednesday afternoon.
Thursday 1st round
Friday 2nd round- a cut takes places after 36 holes
Saturday 3rd round
Sunday 4th and final round.
If a play off is required it is played over 4 holes.
We can offer you: Hotels….guesthouses…. self-catering apartments & houses… covering all styles and budgets.
Be aware that the closer you are to the course the more expensive it is. You and your group should consider if you are willing to travel each day and decide on an appropriate distance – up to 5 miles, 5 – 10 miles, 10 – 25 miles, more than 25 miles.
If you are travelling with a larger group then the general advise is to start planning early. Some accommodations books up years in advance so planning your trip 2 or 3 years in advance is often a good plan if you are in a group larger than 4 persons.
We also offer monthly payment facilities so you can spread the cost of the trip over a longer period of time as well, and gain some savings as well by making payments when the exchange rates are in your favour.
As well as bringing your clients to The St Andrews Open 2021 we can arrange your entire event to include some or all of the following opportunities and options:
– ground transfers from airport to hotel and onwards to the tournament each day,
– golf event during the tournament,
– corporate hospitality at the event in fully authorised on-course marquees,
– dinners in high quality restaurants nearby,
– transfer to the course by chauffeur, coach or helicopter,
– onward travel to other areas of Scotland or England to enjoy other golf or leisure activities, before or after the tournament
– fully customised programmes that suits your dates and budget,
– full event management services
The message is ………
Talk to us early on in your planning process to assess the logistics of arranging your tour, or event that includes attending The Open.
It is always a great thrill to attend one of golf’s Majors and there is no bigger annual tournament in Europe than The British Open.
You can be there with Scotland Tours.